Winter is just around the corner! Can you feel it? Can you smell it? It smells like hot chocolate, fireplace, & pumpkin…everything. It’s glorious. You know what else is glorious? These MUST-HAVE pieces that will keep you looking hot as temperatures drop-it-drop-it-low.
1) Peplum tops: The #1 silhouette for Autumn/Winter 2012. Dress it up with a pencil skirt and a bold statement necklace; or, rock it for day with your favorite pair of skinnys, a chunky cardigan, and ballet flats. Peplum
2) Button-Ups in Plaid and Denim: Versatile and oh-so-perfect for layering! Layer them under a sweater, throw on your favorite jacket over them, and pair them with pretty much any pant or skirt…so cute & completely effortless! Feeling bold? Play with mixed prints by pairing your plaid shirt with a printed skirt in a similar color palette. Plaid shirt | Denim shirt.
3) Day-to-Night Shoes: Smoking slippers, t-strap heels, and ankle booties are the 3 hottest styles for winter! They make a statement without completely stealing the show. They’ll dress up even the most casual outfit! Leopard loafers | Maryjane wedges | Boots.
4) Graphic Sweaters: These make our geeky little heart so happy! Intarsia sweaters (aka: the ones that use multiple colors of thread to create images) and metallic sweaters are everywhere, and best of all, available at every price point! Bunnies | Stripes | Cat Burglar
5) Hi-Lo Skirts (or, as we like to call them, “Mullet” skirts): Pleated, leather, chiffon, oxblood, neon yellow…so many options! Pick the one that makes you happy & pair it with a cozy cowl-neck sweater, tights, and flat riding boots. Hi-Low skirt
6) Muted Metallics: Gold and silver get all the glory, but this winter, bronze, copper, and pewter are taking over. Muted and versatile, they’re super wearable…even for day! The pewter skirt would look ah-mazing with the denim button-up, black tights, and the red t-strap wedges. Metallic skirt
7) Polka Dots: This one’s simple: wear them. They’re so cuuute! Polka dot dress
8 ) Denim: We’re loving them this winter in waxed/coated, colored, and printed. The key to wearing statement denim is to pair them with classic, neutral tops. Soften edgier black waxed jeans with a flowy blush-colored blouse. Tone down bold burgundy skinnys with a classic cream blazer. Waxed | Colored | Print
Well, there you have it, ladies! What must-haves are you coveting this winter??
(Style Guide Courtesy of one of our fashion correspondents, Danielle Kanemitsu)