Wong Fu Productions, Far East Movement, and International Secret Agents are proud to present the 1st annual ISA Digital Film Shootout. To discover + support the next generation of digital creators, we’re putting out an open call to individuals all around the nation to submit their work in a variety of different categories including:
- Short Narrative: Drama
- Short Narrative: Comedy
- Short Documentary
- Vlogger / Personality
- Music Video
Five (5) finalists in each category will be selected and their films will be screened to a panel of industry judges to determine the best work. Winners in each category will get the opportunity to be flown out to Los Angeles, CA and have their work screened at a special Digital Film Showcase event alongside a specially curated program of short films by Wong Fu Productions + other creators, among other prizes!
Submissions must be made by 11:59PM (PST) Monday, May 9, 2016. Submissions must be no longer than 6min total running time and will ONLY be accepted by filmmakers/creators based in United States, age 18yrs or older. BEFORE submitting please read ALL RULES listed below. By submitting you acknowledge you have read and understood all applicable rules.
ABOUT CONTEST + CATEGORIES: This digital film shootout is all about YOU. We’re looking to discover the next generation of filmmakers + creators so that we can help YOU find ways to help you navigate in this ever changing digital world. Submissions are open to all creators from any background, but priority will be given to those from traditionally underrepresented communities. Work entered should be directed or principally acted by an artist of Asian or Pacific Islander descent. For those submitting for vlogger / personality category – whether you’re a food reviewer, travel video maker, or beauty vlogger – we’re open to it all! For those submitting for music video category – we’re seeking musicians as well as music video directors to submit work. We’re open to live performance videos or full on music video productions – although ultimately selection will be determined on quality + creativity of video. Only original songs will be considered.
JUDGES: On top of Wong Fu Productions, Far East Movement, and International Secret Agents, we’re excited to be joined by an incredible panel of judges who will help us select winning films! Read about judges HERE
Short Narrative: Drama Phil Yu (Angry Asian Man), Taz Ahmed (Good Muslim / Bad Muslim), Louis Changchien (Bourne Legacy, Man In the High Castle), Michelle Sugihara (Executive Director of the Coalition of Asian Pacifics’ in Entertainment), Lynn Chen (Actress / Buzzfeed / Activist)
Short Narrative: Comedy Jenny Yang (Disoriented Comedy / Buzzfeed), Randall Park (ABC’s Fresh off the Boat), Krista Marie Yu (ABC’s Dr. Ken!), Nora Lum (Awkwafina, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising)
Short Documentary Traci Lee (Digital Director NBC Asian America), Jason Lee (Jubilee Project, 250K+ Subscribers), Evan Leong (Director “Linsanity”), Jose Antonio Vargas (“Documented/Film Maker/Activist”), Wendy Nguyen (wendyslookbook, Fashion Blogger, Juvenile Justice Advocate)
Vlogger / Personality Jeffrey Fever (300K Subscribers), Linda Dong (800K+Subscribers)
Music Video Marie Digby (Singer / Song Writer), AJ Rafael (Singer / Song Writer), Zee Avi (Singer / Song Writer), Lisa Lee (Senior Diversity Director Pandora), Jay Ahn (Music Video Director Chris Brown / Anderson .Paak)
- One (1) winning entry will be selected per category (short narrative drama, short narrative comedy, short documentary, vlogger/personality, and music video).
- Winning films will be screened at a special live digital film showcase in Los Angeles, CA.
- One (1) person per winning entry will receive all expense paid trip including round trip flight to Los Angeles to represent their work and one (1) night stay.
- Winners will receive special industry meet and greet with Wong Fu Productions, Far East Movement, and other industry professionals where they will be given feedback on submitted work, along with advice on how to build a career.
- One Grand Jury winning submission (best of show) will receive cash prize.
- Winning films + one runner up per category will have opportunity to take part in an online film showcase where their films will be distributed via ISAtv.
WHEN IS THE DIGITAL FILM SHOWCASE EVENT? Digital Film Showcase date is to be determined, but will be held sometime end of May to early June 2016.
- We welcome content created prior or specifically for the purpose of this contest. If submitting content created prior to contest, work should have been created within the past year, no earlier than January 1, 2015.
- Submission form to be found here (CLICK HERE).
- Entrants are welcome to submit for more than one (1) category but no more than one entry PER category.
- Contest only open to people living in the United States of America.
- Submissions will only be accepted via unlisted youtube or vimeo link. If video is already live on vimeo or youtube, you must set link to unlisted or reupload and submit new link.
- TRT (total running time) of submitted work cannot exceed six (6) minutes (360sec)
- Submissions must be made by 11:59PM(PST) Monday, May 9, 2016. We will accept NO entries after that deadline.
- Submitting Creators must be 18yrs of age or older at time of submission.
- Submissions MUST be original work (i.e. if musician – no cover songs will be accepted.)
- Submitting Creators shall acknowledge that by submitting they have obtained all licenses, royalties, and permits necessary to present their work. Entrant will assume all costs arising from the use of patented, trademarked, franchised or copyrighted music, materials, devices, processes, or dramatic rights used in production of work.
SELECTION PROCESS: Films selected to be finalists to be determined by an internal team made up of members of International Secret Agents, Wong Fu Productions, and Far East Movement. Top five (5) finalist films in each category to be screened for a panel of judges representing that specific category. Judges were selected on their industry experience and /or relevance to digital content creating. Work will be judged on originality, creativity, and artist potential.